#DigitalDivide ~ Closing the Gap!
Digital Citizen Academy recognizes that high school, while an exciting time in a teen’s life, can also be challenging in terms of rigorous coursework and schedules, social and emotional experiences and complex technology related issues leading to student overuse, and abuse of technology devices and apps. To keep educators and students better informed and knowledgeable about the effects of technologies, such as smartphones and social networking apps, we have developed for high school age students #DigitalDivide ~ Closing the Gap!
Accessed through our online platform, The #DigitalDivide ~ Closing the Gap program presents weekly webinars, with expert Dr. Lisa Strohman, designed to inform students and educators on relevant topics such as:
- Week 1: Cyberbullying, Technology Addiction, Digital Footprint, Digital Reputation, Social Media and Anxiety in Adolescents, Social Media’s Impact on Students’ Mental Health, Complexities of Social networking and The Impact of Technology on the Teen Brain.
- Week 2: App Review for students including what are the most helpful apps as well as the information they need to know about some of the pitfalls of app use and dependence.
- Week 3: Powerful and practical suggestions for protecting your digital reputation.
- Week 4: The latest news and breaking stories on media influence and how teens can make a difference in the lives of others and the entire world by being informed and getting involved.
Your Voice Matters Each week we remind students to write in and share their experiences and answer a quick three-question survey (such as):
- Did you find this webinar helpful?
- Did you learn something new about this topic?
- Please make two suggestions for future topics.