Five Travel Tips for The Holidays
If you have ever forgotten or misplaced a device, you’re in good company. Lots of people forget to retrieve their devices from wherever they’ve been. Panic may be instantaneous or delayed depending on when the device is discovered missing!
Whether traveling by plane, train, or automobile, or just visiting Grandma’s house across town, travel can be overwhelming. We hope to help make your holiday safer and full of good cheer by sharing some handy holiday tech travel tips.
- Make sure all data is backed up before taking devices anywhere. This way, if you lose anything no one will need to panic.
- Hackers love the chaos of malls and other busy shopping venues. When traveling, shopping,or just when you’re out and about in crowds, use caution or avoid public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Sharing on social media when traveling, especially your location and amount of time you’ll be away, is an open invitation to vandals. For safety when traveling, save sharing memories until you return home.
- Before you travel, check your carrier’s website and find out what to do if you lose your phone. All service providers have FAQ’s that will walk you through their process.
- We all want our children to be safe on and offline. Whether at home or traveling, go through their settings to see what kind of privacy and security features their devices are set to and teach your child a few basics about cyber safety, like shutting down location services, keeping accounts private, and telling an adult if something makes them uncomfortable.
We hope you find these tech travel tips helpful for you and your family and can encourage everyone around you to unplug this Holiday Season. Spread the cheer by adding to our list of travel tips in addition to creating your own technology goals for the New Year.